Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Treachery of Images

Still sick. Rawr.

And so it was the second time we sold our very own homemade beef spaghetti to the residents of Temasek Hall last night for supper. Fund raising. I had lessons from 9am and I so couldn't take it by noon already that I had to borrow my friend's room to catch some rest for an hour during my break. And it was also the first time in this semester I had to resort to putting on my sweater in class omg.

By the end of the afternoon, I almost felt like puking.
By the end of the night, I really thought I was going to do so.

Cabbed home with Syl and had my shower when I got home. Which was around 130am. After my shower my hair was still being left to dry but I was so unsteady I had to lie on my bed for a couple of minutes before I consciously told myself that I had to simply get up, force dry it and go to sleep proper.

Today. I woke up at 230pm. The beauty of sleep.

But that doesn't mean that I'm still well. I woke up at 130. Stood up. And there was some groggy sensation up my head. Not good. And I went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later.

During this hour I had a dream. As usual we all know that dreams don't make sense at all, but in a way as much as there were a couple of disturbing nuances in it, it was pleasantly crazy to me nonetheless.

Because I might have found it so interesting, or because I'm really enjoying my free/rest day, or simply because I've got nothing better to do at this instant, here are the fun facts of the dream.

Theme: Boyfriend vs. Jealous Brother

Okay, actually I don't think I need to say more yes? Hurhur.

The fact that I found it singular is purely because I reckon there's hardly such a Brother who cares for his sister to such an extent anymore, in this time and age, civilisation and society we have here now.

The only exceptions I personally observe would be the little boys who step into the ballet studio to ask for their sisters when fetching them home with their parents. I still remember Zhixuan's brother picking his sis up, and at the same time he asked the teacher if she has been doing well.

Aww.

Yea I'm sure there's a few other fine examples that you could mention to refute my statement, but the point I'm emphasising on is these people putting themselves through the intiative and doing things out of the way, out of the ordinary, out of their position just to protect that little sis of theirs.

Anyhow. I realise that all my dreams tend to occur only in the day, seriously.

1 comment: