Thursday, October 8, 2009

My mom was angry that I wasn't angry

Had barely thirteen hours of sleep for the past three days.

The first night was due to something close insomnia. I say it this way because it was already 330am, I was supposed to be more than ready for bed by then, but I had quite a bit of difficulty just shutting down for the day.

I must be thinking too much already.

Heck, I think I'm becoming too human once again.

Anyway, as a caveat, this is not to be understood in the same light as being humane. These two are not standing on opposite walls, nor are they mutually exclusive. In any case, I guess I've had better and clearer thoughts prior to this moment, so I shan't say anymore on this.

The second night was spent in hall. Aly was very kind to lend me her room; she also happened to intend to return home for the night. THANKS BABE (: After wrapping up the selling-spaghetti-for-fund-raising-as-part-of-our-biz-project at 1-ish and having supper (dinner supposedly), I went on to shower at about 230am. I was the only one in the ladies' at that time, and despite the knowledge that I was going to take my shower alone at that hour and not knowing the rest of the whole world at that block, I thought there was still not much cause for any worry of sorts.

So I went in to shower.

Roughly three-quarters into it, the lights all went off. Everything became soaked in a blanket of darkness. I was clearly stunned, and started pondering what to do. As much as I had a certain urge to make noise/scream/shout, I didn't. For obvious reasons. Anyway I guess I didn't put too much thought into the whole matter - I continued to wash and finish up for the next ten minutes or so.

The flaws of motion sensors.
But it's okay.
At least I wasn't put through some horror when I repeatedly looked up to see if there'd be anything up or around there :/

That night, I guess I was expecting that I wouldn't be able to sleep that easily again, despite how much rest I was already lacking. I resorted to plugging in my mp3; that, I thought, could possibly tune my mind away from all other unnecessary thoughts.

That was past 4am then.

Butter-ed last night, and I couldn't make it to Powerhouse. Omg I felt so bad cause I was so so supposed to meet the rest there! Apparently it was to be at Butter, but they changed course due to the queues there, and they left before I reached, cause I wasn't able to pick up their calls. 10 missed calls oops omg so sorry!

I guess my day ended off on a really happy note (I'm talking about before Butter) when You called. When I first picked up the call I couldn't quite make out who that was; the voice sounded so familiar so warm so close yet I just couldn't figure that out! And the train was a bit noisy too. Then when you said who you were, I was in total disbelief.

The line came all the way from Japan.

Lunch was also great; haven't met Cher for ages! We must go out soon.

When someone told me you were at the same area on the dancefloor (and I then caught sight of you), I. Literally. Screamed. I still can't believe how terrified I was. I think I simply lost my mind at that instant. These days, I think I'm becoming increasingly fearful of the world around me. When you showed your presence during the spaghetti-making, that bunch of pasta strands completely flew out of both my hands as I was going to place them into the pot of hot water.

Anyway, not much cause for much concern though. It's not just you who's changing/changed my life. As for first bad experience #1: Whenever I see someone wearing that striped green polo, either from the front or the back, as much as sight tells me it's not you, my mind wanders off into those lanes that ought to have long been forsaken and avoided.

Presentation this afternoon; wasn't much to prepare anyway. After class, P was apparently not believing his ears when I casually mentioned to the both of them that "there were too few girls yesterday at Butter". He went, "Are you... lesbian???" Haha. Why or how is that so surprising?

Went for ballet class before the party yesterday night, since I'd be unable to attend this Saturday's lesson.

I was going to cross the road. I saw a bus rushing through the curve of the road beside me. And a few seconds later there was a second bus. Then a third. The sheer speed of them led to my wonder of what'd happen to someone if he/she would to be in their way at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment