Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lund

15 hours of flight to London;
2 hours over the clouds to Copen;
2 more trains, changing carriages at Malmo;
Finally, successfully, Lund.
(:

Not to mention all the many little things that happened amongst and in between. Oh yes the security checks at London were pretty stringent. I got bodysearched from erm, chest down. My right arm now also reminds me of the large baggage that I've been lugging throughout from Copen. Did the customary registrations (omg this lady at one of the counters so very resembled Scarlet Johansson - think her eyes lips nose and whatnot - and was so very hot!) and waited for a while before our little red van arrived to bring us over to our rooms.

Friendly people we've met about today! (mostly, at least)

The environment, however, is primarily on the quiet and more reserved side over here. In the bus whilst transferring terminals in London, it seemed like we were the only souls who were talking in there! 'Similar instances' in the various other settings too, such as in the trains. Hee.

And in the meantime while waiting for that while, I caught sight of the cartons of apples and bananas, supposedly for all those helpers for today. We were all so thirsty, I got Bryan to get me one of the apples! Sweet and juicy enough (: and then I moved on to the banana too; it was also quite cold, so it gave me that 'banana milkshake feeling'! Anyhow, the other exchange students then followed suit, somehow. Like those group from Hong Kong etc.

Yeahh we all know we're really ambassadors from our lovely country! (inside joke) :D

And our mandarin (plus perhaps some hokkien and cantonese) might also very well improved by leaps and bounds by the end of this exchange lol, with the tendency to switch tongues in the presence of the English-speaking-only natives and others.

Got to my room; couldn't quite get the key to open the door, and I had to choose one of the doors to knock on for the required help. Tried calling the others but apparently I wasn't able to get through their lines so I really had to knock. This girl, Astanh, then happened to also be the corridor-in-charge, and my door was eventually opened. One of the first things I got down to was to get the internet connection running so that I could contact the rest who were staying all over Lund! But after repeated attempts I was still unable to connect! Felt quite bad to have to trouble her again, and this time, Lynn, this other girl, came about and we exchanged our hi's. Anyway, it was Tenow, this other Swedish guy, who came to help me with the connection, and yay (:

Was webcamming for quite a bit before the door on my right made a sound. It really got me quite worried 'cause it seemed like someone outside was trying to open it, and then there were sounds of footsteps. Same thing happened intermittently and repeatly, and I was wondering why the person didn't knock instead. Anyhow I conjectured that the cause could be the wind and resulting pressures arising from the balcony just opposite my room.

Quite sleepy! Must have been at least 30 hours after saying goodbye to all of you! Thanks to all you guys who came to send me off! Read all those cards on the plane and felt really touched! *beams* Love ya'll! (:

Alright I'm off to sleep! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment