Friday, June 4, 2010

Yesterday

500 applications & questionnaires
60 phone calls/interviews
15 for group interviews
6 individual interviews
?? job offer(s)

Unfortunately or not, I got only past the first 3 stages.

At the group interview, I found myself the only one out of two persons without a Masters degree. And the two of us are the only Singaporeans. The others came from India, China, Malaysia etc. One guy just flew in from Sri Lanka that morning itself. Seriously when he said that to us, I was surprised and more than ready to let him get through. Anyway. There was this other guy who is now in the process finishing his thesis, and was a teacher assistant in NUS. Won the TA award afterward too.

The 3-hour long group interview had us talking about almost everything they needed to know.

1. I'm prouda myself for getting through to this stage.
2. I was Really faced with Tough Competition.

Nevertheless, this may sound cliched, but when I said I had fun during the process, I meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment