Friday, January 8, 2010

Cartoons

Decided that I should just come back home straight tonight, instead of hanging out and simply doing things.

Self OT-ed today; anyway it feels better also to be amongst the last to leave. Afterall, I've been doing so since day one.

Lunch was being eaten up by my boss today. Discussed stuff during lunch hour. For more than two hours. And he treated for the third time; this time a drink. He chose and recommended it for me. Chocolate Affogatto from TCC (:

Felt very paiseh again, and I couldn't help but tell him that I'm not used to having people pay for my food, and (again I had to say) that he didn't have to do so.

Bought my MOS burger and finished it up when I got back to my desk afterwards. Today some head treated drinks to every one. And for once (okay, maybe the fourth or fifth time), I experienced the little joys that workers got at such modest, yet important, treats.

I'm now getting used to the routine of office life, and life at the desk. But anyhow, I suppose the greatest sentiment I got from everything was the understanding of my knowledge in the workplace (or you'd say, the 'real world out there'). Note that I did not mention about my position in this 'real world', cause I'd reckon that it doesn't matter, really. Cause it's not where you are, but what you do and where you reach towards.

So I was about to say. The effects, for lack of a better word, of being a social sciences student weren't too apparent in my life until I first came to work here. My ideas and views, besides my age and background, must have been somewhat refreshing to my boss as he proded more about everything about myself, and as I sought to comprehend the workings of the environment in which I find myself in.

Nothing too explicit, but I guess I'm seeing myself inclining towards the discernments of a functionalist.

And there, I'd access those beliefs of mine with what I now see, and understand around me. Not that there were any adjustments to follow; it was more like filling up the rest of the jigsaw puzzle.

Yes, we talk about Everything.
Everytime, anytime.
Still.

I'm so glad I finished everything before I left today. He wasn't in office today and my work was due on Monday, but I just wanted to get everything done.

I realised I just did all the stuff from scratch.
4 sub-presentations, and a short write-up.

I'm still learning.
I'm still liking all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment