Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just for laughs

My heart is thumping at a higher than average rate now.
And I can feel it.

My mom has been pretty displeased with my late returns back home recently. And she kinda erupted last night. After raising her voice and demanding a hault to it (of course, not without threats which are actually materialising already), dinner (at home, now, definitely) just now was oh. so. interesting.

That's besides the main point, though.

Here's one part of the conversation, or whatever you call it.
My dad added that he felt that I went to clubs because of the guys there. And because it was primarily incorrect, I had to set right this 'notion' of his.

Me: HUH?! How could you say it was because of the guys there?
Dad: You know it yourself lah, okay.
Me: Hello, do you know I always go there with girls being the majority in my group? Like it was eight girls I was with that night.
Dad: Well, you know it better yourself lah k.

Repeat x2.

I couldn't believe it that he said such a thing. And even thought of it. Of me.

Mum: You know, boys ah, they don't want girls who go cluppping one.
Me: Yeah of course I know. But it's not like I need boys.
Dad: Don't anyhow say lah, okay. You yourself know it yourself.
Me: Huh. You think I'm lying about this??
Dad: You know it yourself, I said.

Wow. So I guess my disbelief turned into disenchantment, which in turn transformed into sheer excitement. SOOO EXCITING!!

Me: Oh yah, actually yeah, you're very right. Not bad you actually know! That's the main reason why I always club you know!! And and, every time I go out it's always with guys.
Mum: Every time you go out also, what's so much to talk about anyway ah? No need to always go out on mah!
Me: No eh. I always meet different boys one what. So that's why I always go out what; different boy for different times. Sometimes it's like one WHOLE big group of guys. Very fun one! And I can't wait to find the right guy! Can't wait to get married!!
Mum: Huh? Don't be crazy! Get married so young for what!

I strove to finish the remaining stuff on my plate without losing myself. It was like mind over mouth, ha.

Oh, she's also angry with my sis at the moment, too.
(My sis was not happy yesterday that for every sentence she commented on the drama, she would repeat it as well, and imprudently displayed some of such discontentment. So for that, it landed my sis with unrendered help at her routine hairdo this morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment