A Christian friend recently brought up this question:
If God so loved the world, why does He still allow us go through all the pain and suffering, and that knowing that all these would befall us, still allow these to happen?
I recently got some form of an answer to this:
It's through the experience of it to wholly understand It all. It's like sometimes we just need to physically feel the pain of the fire to know that it hurts.
I expect some (or many, for that matter) people to disagree with this.
Somehow.
Simply because that's how the world behaves.
(Note that I didn't use the word "thinks")
And I'd point you back to the first line.
*
For almost the first time in my life, I felt, and am feeling, so helpless.
I can't believe I'm actually feeling, and knowing, that I can't do Anything. Of course there's no such thing as not being able to do Anything, but in this case I reckon that whatever I do would amount to anything but substantial enough to change Anything.
And because of this, and This, I'm going about my life right now knowing that I'm just another piece of human, and basically just experiencing things.
Now that's what they really mean by "going about my/your/our own life".
What feeling does that make?
Awesome feeling;
Exactly like how you'd put it.
Then again, that's what people always say anyway. Everything they do, it is for the Experience. So, what kind of Experience have they been talking about?
Heh.
What would you do if you were me?
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Ms Peaa,
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about how others will disagree, because that's when new thoughts come! Stoics, Hedonists, Aquinasians, Gautama, Nietzcheans, Lockeans, 孔子的儒家思想, 老孑的道德經...we have a variety of philosophical systems and the philosophers too, had their share of debates.
It is only when someone stands on the same plane as you that he/she will be able to share your view well. Something we have to understand.
My opinion: We, the living, just keep moving forward, explore new paths and have hope.
Cheers!
Dean
Hey dear,
ReplyDeleteAnyway my point wasn't about people disagreeing or thinking otherwise. If that's what they think, that's what they think.
But yeah I get what you mean (:
Thanks.
What I like most about that line in your opinion:
Explore new paths.